Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fashion/Graphic Design Site Visit

Something I didn't know before, specifically related to fashion design is how far in advance everything has to be designed and ready in order to be ready for its appropriate season. I thought it was really interesting when Marina asked if it was difficult for her to get inspired about a season she is not even close to being in. I think that's something I would definitely struggle with. With regards to graphic design, I didn't know there were so many steps involved. I began to realize all of the aspects involved such as photographers, models, and even opinions from clients. Going into the fashion design portion, I really did not know much about it. I feel like she did an excellent job not only educating us of all that's involved, but getting us excited about the world of opportunities wrapped up in fashion design. On the other hand, I went into the Graphic design with several preconceived ideas about what it all entailed, and to be honest, I came out less than enthused. I don't think that it was so much that he wasn't educational about it, he just didn't get me excited about it like Anne did. I think it also may have been the types of projects he was working on, I don't know. Overall though, I think it was a great experience of getting out into the local world and being able to see some of what we have been discussing in class in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment