Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Before the Sun Quinn Clark

Before the Sun is an installation piece by Karthik Pandian. Seeing this at the Midway was something different to say the least. While I personally am not a huge fan of dark rooms, loud videos and dirt, the piece had a lot of thought and time put into it. I was impressed with the time it took to build the mounds that the camera's were sitting on, and the actual video itself. I feel the dark room was needed to fully understand the whole show. I enjoyed seeing and I hope to see more art work at the Midway soon.


2 comments:

  1. Good start Quinn. Now let's dig in with your description of the work and a little research...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get a sense of how you feel about the art in this installation. tell us quinn!

    ReplyDelete