Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Designer Site Visits- Michelle Stolz

From the site visits last week, I have learned about the design process and how people create and design. From visiting Anne Cramer, I can honestly say that I have never truly thought about the thought process a designer has to go through to make a piece. From visiting a fashion designer and a graphic designer, the design process is very different, because in fashion design, the designer makes the product or the piece, and doesn't necessarily have to fit the criteria of a certain client, whereas a graphic designer has to fit the criteria of the client, with some of the artists own personal artistic choice as well. From reading the chapter from Mary Stewarts, "Launching the Imagination", when she talks about the seven characteristics of creative thinking, I immediately thought of Attentiveness when I thought of Dan Woychick's design, because of his attentiveness to detail and how he used research to complete his piece (although I wish I was well enough to stay around for the whole site visit). I thought of Anne Cramer when Stewart talks about complexity, and in depth about risk-taking and safe-keeping, and how Anne's design is her own, but at the same time her line of clothes are timeless and simplistic.

1 comment: