Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Studio Visits

I very much enjoyed meeting Anne Kramer. She is not only a beautiful woman, but a fantastic designer. Her studio was light and open, and had the feel of a salon in Paris. I am almost sure she was going for this, but none the less the space did allot for me in terms of understanding her look and the lifestyle she wanted to project with her brand. I myself would love to have a space of my own someday to work and display my petite endeavours.
Anne's story of how she got to where she is today was very inspiring and helpful for me, a future designer. I have a go-go faster-faster attitude and I sometimes expect things to happen fast. Listening to her talk about the amount of time and effort she has put into her line and her life, for that matter, forced me to slow myself down and really understand that all great things take time. She had a lot to say in regards to process, her process of sometimes waiting to the last minute and how that can actually work in her favor. A self proclaimed procrastinator made her seem more real and less pretentious. I can never understand those people that are so on top of things. I, like Anne, feel as though some of my best work comes out of last minute chaos. Her designs were lovely and she really stayed true to what she felt was her aesthetic. Her little black dress may not have been for everyone, but why would she want it to be. It has to be for the right person, like a modern day Maria Von Trapp shopping at the market in Salzburg wearing oversize tortoise shell glass, black flats and the Chanel 2.55 reissue bag in black!!! It doesn't get much better here in MN than the lovely Anne Kramer.

No comments:

Post a Comment