Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fonts

This Walt Disney font is one of my most favorites. It reminds me of my childhood.. I was, and still am, in love with Disney movies. It doesn't necessarily make me giggle out loud or anything. But it definitely does not put a frown on my face.
This font isn't exactly used in everyday typing. It
is used for a certain logo and promotion towards Walt Disney.
Anyone can recognize this font in a heartbeat, mostly from the W and the D (obviously.) It's not a professional type of font, either. It's more playful and most likely could be used in some sort of children's circumstance.





The closest thing I could find for a title is
"Dead Celebrities Made Out of
Fonts."

I'm not exactly sure what type of font was used. The reason I picked these images, is because they're very intriguing. It
's unique and fun. These pictures are also on the happy side. They create a lively spirit, and it is obviously mimicking famous celebrities that have passed.
Other than posting these images throughout the web and on posters/other entertainment reasons, there is no use for these pictures. The font itself is actually composed of multiple types--manipulating the style, fluidity, and placement to create an accurate image of a celebrity.




Century Gothic. My favorite of the standard fonts. It's a geometric sans-serif typeface designed for Monotype Imaging. This font also resembles "Futura," another simple font. It reminds me of something simple, yet interesting. Just like a lot of
my own art work can be. I like the simple things-- none of the
curlies in the typing such as Times New Roman, Arial, and so on. It's there, I get it, let's type with it. This kind of font isn't generally used in books, promotional fonts, etc. It's used in simple everyday things such as an email, picture captions, letters, and other basic websites. It's not necessarily unique, but it's still plain and easy to look at.


1 comment:

  1. Good work, Kristin! Love the 'dead celebrities'-quite the mash-up of fonts tom make the images...

    ReplyDelete