Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Studio Visits - Fillup

I felt visiting Anne Cramer and Dan Woychick on the same day was not really fair to either artist, both had get information about their fields, I didnt feel like anything could really sink in from either artist. 
Anne Cramer was extremely excited about what she does and how she got to that point, and she gave us candy and soda while we listened. She had a lot of passion about how she got to this point in her carrier and that the passion helped her get to were she is now. 
Dan Woychick on the other hand talked little about how he got to where he is now because Graphic design is such a process based field, he really stuck to showing us his process, which is great but hearing all that process talk after coming from Anne it was hard to get into it, and I love graphic design.
I would love to go to another Graphic deign studio in the future and not have someone like Anne talk before hand!! It was still a great couple of visits, but they were polar opposites other than the point that they both design. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting point, Fillup. But I would not want to skip either one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Barb, its just that I think their location forced us to see them on the same day, I'd still like to go somewhere like space150.

    ReplyDelete