Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blog Number Five: by Meg

When I heard we would be visiting a fashion designer, I was a little surprised. I thought that was a little bit too narrow of a design subject to interest everyone in our class (not that i'm not interested, of course, i'm a fashion major!). However, I did change my mind immediately upon meeting Anne Kramer. She was brilliant, and interesting, and enthusiastic and presented it in a way that seemed to be legitimately from a design perspective. I think the M&M's may have had something to do with our returned enthusiasm, but on top of that, I think Anne is a genuinely interesting designer who is really very passionate about her work. I learned that week that design is design, and when someone is passionate about their work in the design field, it doesn't matter how specific their interest is, it reaches everyone who is interested in any kind of design.

1 comment: