Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Anne Cramer- Tess B

According to Anne Cramer, the twin cities fashion designer who’s studio we went to visit earlier this year, you can ether budget the time you are given and attempt to stick to that schedule, or you can just wait until inspiration hits you. Now as much as my mother and all my former teachers may disagree with this, I full heartedly agree. Procrastination is very much how I myself work, without the pressure of time looming over me I find it close to impossible to come up with good ideas for assignments, projects, and jobs. Over the many years of hearing about how procrastination is bad and how you shouldn’t do it, I found it so refreshing to hear a professional say that they do. Although the idea of procrastination being a good thing was the biggest part that I took from my experience visiting the studio of Anne Cramer she also spoke about her struggle and everything that she had to go through to get to that point that she is at today. Overall my experience with Anne Cramer was a wonderful one, her bubbly personality and great sense of humor are positively infectious. I enjoyed myself very much and would encourage everyone to make a trip out to her studio.

1 comment:

  1. Your procrastination may have worked for you in this case, Tess. REALLY happy to hear from you! And you have a lovely, personal written voice...

    ReplyDelete