Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Muertos Collection.


Okay first off - sorry this is late. I've been sick all weekend. I'm still battling a migraine now.


Tonymash is my subject of choice. There's a number of artworks I love and his style, to me at least, is unique in its own way. It's very dark but very beautiful. All of his works have a signature graphic design detailing to them that brings forth a great deal of emotions, which vary from piece to piece. I've known of his work for some time, though I have recently seen it pop up in commercial stores such as Hot Topic. He is definitely one of my more favorite artists and I am always excited to see what he turns out next. The piece pictured here isn't one of his more infamous designs, but it is very beautiful nonetheless. The recurring theme in all of his images have to deal with the Day of the Dead, or Dia de los Muertos, hence the many tattoos and the accentuation of skeletal mouths on each being. He is also a figurine artist with several statues and statuettes with a similar theme.

Image - Vamp.
Digital Media.
Tonymash. 2009


+ Meahgan Wood

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. How does this work relate to other Dia del Muerte work? What is it about the formal characteristics of this work that you enjoy? How does this work relate to the artist's other renderings? A little more information could really help the viewer out. Good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice. I really like when designers have that tattoo artist kind of style in thier work. It reminds me of the biker underground scene, badass would be the best to describe that.

    ReplyDelete