Welcome!

Class blog for Orientation to Art and Design, Sections A and D.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUgfiesTuw


Evan Baden, a CVA alumni, has a series called Illuminati that fascinates me. I love the alternative lighting technique. The blue ghostly wash over these images is so familiar to us that it doesn't connect that this lighting is not what we truly look like, which ties right into his theory that we have no idea what its like to not be connected. It gives me a familiar feeling but ghostly and soothing. I honestly can't tie it to any other work that I can think of except for the images in my head from playing my gameboy at the "ungodly" hours of the night. I truly have to think of all the times that I see myself in this situation and then try to think of times when I couldn't put myself in that situation. When I think of times when I wasn't "connected" I remember feeling ghost vibrations of my phone ringing and wondering where the blue light of my iPod is.


chuck..


Evan Baden, The Illuminati Series. 2007. C-Print.

College of Art & Design Library

Image from istantoguapo.blogspot.com. 23 September 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment